Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Catching up after the summer of 2014

To catch up...on my trip to Yarmouth and Weymouth in August, I took 50 copies of Swamp Robin for my presentations in these two venues. They sold quickly especially when The Yarmouth Vanguard ran an article after the fact. Swamp Robin is doing quite well despite my negligence in marketing the book, part of the process I didlike the most.

In September, I met Ashley Bryan, the 90-year old, black artist on Little Cranberry Island, Maine; famous for his children's books and his puppets. His performance in Brunswick was inspiring and extremely entertaining.  It was a wonderful experience for me in that he accepted a gift copy of Swamp Robin and later wrote me a letter to say how much he enjoyed it, how powerful the story and how well written. He invited me to lunch with him in the near future, for us to talk about our work. I'm really looking forward to that occasion.

In the meantime, sales are trickling in and I'm hoping that a sensitive publisher will discover Swamp Robin and do the book justice and do the marketing that it deserves.

For the fall/winter season, I'm planning a group get-together for those local readers who have expressed interest in discussing Swamp Robin with the author in residence.

No comments:

Post a Comment