Saturday, July 19, 2014

Attended workshop with Unicorn For Writers LLC

On June 21st, 2014, I attended a workshop for writers, hosted by the Carver Memorial Library in Searsport, Maine. Jan L. Kardys, President and Jeanne E. Rogers, Vice President, Unicorn for Writers LLC,  gave a spirited discussion on self-publishing vs. traditional publishing. Neither was totally against either aspects of the publishing process. Each presented a worthwhile argument for their favorite method of publishing a book.

While Jan Kardys has 35 years of formal publishing experience with ten major publishing corporations, and  is now a freelance editor and publishing consultant who sponsors writer's conferences, Jeanne Rogers is a self-published author who has successfully self-published via CreateSpace, both in book and eBook format.
Jeanne is a prolific reader who reviews books and posts them to Amazon and Goodreads as well as her own blog, Australian Fantasy Adventures. She is always happy to share her experience with her fellow writers upon request.

I took the opportunity at the workshop in Searsport to ask Jeanne to review Swamp Robin. I received an email a week or so later to tell me that she took my book on vacation and that I should have my review by the end of July.

I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment