Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Off to Nova Scotia to two presentation venues for Swamp Robin

I have been invited to the Yarmouth County Museum in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, my home town, to present and discuss Swamp Robin, A Memoir. I'm looking forward to this experience inasmuch as part of the story takes place in Yarmouth, the town where I was conceived. Things have changed a great deal in the town and most of those who were peers of mine are either deceased or moved away long ago. Brown Street, where my grandparents and I lived, is still there although most of the building have been replaced by new structures, I can still walk down Brown and remember, somewhat sadly, the happy times spent on that street. This presentation willl take place on August 23rd, 2014.

Then, on August 25th I will travel to Weymouth, Digby County, where I spent the first three years of my life and do anothr presentation at the Sissiboo Landing Community Center. In Weymouth, folks live longer and many of my cousins, old and young, will be there and remember how I came to live among them.

My Nova Scotia trip in August will be most meaningful.

Stay tuned. Make a comment. Ask questions.

Rosemarie




No comments:

Post a Comment